The outstanding benefits of Natural Sausage Casings include:
- Natural Casings' variable permeability permits uniform deep smoke penetration throughout the entire sausage to create rich, balanced flavour from start to finish.
- Variable permeability also allows product to 'breathe,' which contributes to enhancing the sweet aroma of fresh sausage, whether resting in a meat case, or sizzling on a stove or grill.
- Natural Casings help to protect and retain the fine flavour of sausage and seasonings.
- Thanks to its endothermic quality, sausage in Natural Casings stays tender and juicy, maintains a fresher appearance, and helps provide extended shelf life.
- The osmotic quality of Natural Casings means an intermingling of flavours inside and outside the sausage while sizzling in the fry pan or on the grill; it also contributes to enhanced eye appeal during cooking.
We stock a full range of natural hog, mutton (sheep) & beef (Ox) casings.
Our casings are cleaned, processed, packed in salt & vacuum packaged for long life, easy storage & transport.
Casings are sold by the bundle (1 bundle = 90 metres of casing). Standard hog casing sizes are:
We also carry bundles of unselected, salted hog casings.